ISACA sets forth this Code of Professional Ethics to guide the professional and personal conduct of members of the association and/or its certification holders.
Members and ISACA certification holders shall:
- Support the implementation of, and encourage compliance with, appropriate standards and procedures for the
effective governance and management of enterprise information systems and technology, including: audit,
control, security and risk management.
- Perform their duties with objectivity, due diligence and professional care, in accordance with professional
- Serve in the interest of stakeholders in a lawful manner, while maintaining high standards of conduct and
character, and not discrediting their profession or the Association.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information obtained in the course of their activities unless
disclosure is required by legal authority. Such information shall not be used for personal benefit or
released to inappropriate parties.
- Maintain competency in their respective fields and agree to undertake only those activities they can
reasonably expect to complete with the necessary skills, knowledge and competence.
- Inform appropriate parties of the results of work performed including the disclosure of all significant
facts known to them that, if not disclosed, may distort the reporting of the results.
- Support the professional education of stakeholders in enhancing their understanding of the governance and
management of enterprise information systems and technology, including: audit, control, security and risk
Failure to comply with this Code of Professional Ethics can result in an investigation into a member's or
certification holder's conduct and, ultimately, in disciplinary measures.
Please see ISACA website - Code of Professional Ethics